Happy New Years!

It's been a while since I last blogged, I apologise. I just didn't feel like writing anything. I've been working long hours for the last few months (I was even in work this week - no rest for the wicked, eh?) and after spending all day in front of a computer, the last thing I wanted to do was to come home and plonk myself down in front of the PC for another few hours!

I've made a resolution not to spend so much time at work, but I can see me not keeping that one!

Anyway...
The OH treated us to a lovely New Years meal - Pheasant, Yellow & Purple Carrots and Purple Potatoes. Yes, you read that right. Spuds and carrots come in different colours now. See?


They don't look like something that should be eaten, do they? Oh hey, and they're purple all the way through too -


The carrots were just as strange:


These aren't purple all the way through though:


They tasted great! The carrots were very flavourful, unlike the boring old orange-coloured ones that we're all used to. They're obviously a wild-type carrot that haven't been cultivated to be large (at the expense of flavour). The potatoes tasted great too - kinda mealy and kinda nutty. And when cooked, they're bright purple.


I think I'm eating my way to a heart attack, lol

Comments

Popular Posts