Sourdough



 I have been a little obsessed with sourdough in the last few months. It seems to be quite the pandemic hobby. Of course, I was interested in giving it a lash myself. It’s quite labour-intensive compared to other yeast breads, maybe I’ll learn some patience while I’m at it.

But, before you can make sourdough bread, you need to make a starter. I have tried this before and it was a massive failure. I followed the instructions, but all I got was a watery mess that did not ferment. I recently found a recipe that was much simpler, and I’m currently on day 3 and I can report it’s going well! I started 2 starters with different types of flour - 1 rye and 1 with normal wheat flour. I wanted to increase my chances of success by having 2!  

The rye one was bubbling away quite nicely, as you can see.  I love rye bread, so I’m eager to use this one.

The wheat is a little bit slower to get started, but there is most certainly a little bit of bubbling going on.

They’re currently on day 3, so hopefully in a few days I’ll be able to use them ๐Ÿ˜‹

Comments

Popular Posts