Roses

I love roses. I love how they look, I love how they smell, I love how there are myriad colours and shapes - I love everything about them. We have 5 different types in our garden - Jacques Amyot, Alan Titchmarsh, Blue for You, Blue Moon and Twice in a Blue Moon. This purple one is the Blue for You.

Here's a pic of the Blue for You and Alan Titchmarsh. Unfortunately, I didn't prune them back last winter - the roses were still blooming in November when the snow same, so one day everything was green and the next everything was under a foot of snow. As a result, they didn't get pruned and now they're almost 5 feet tall. I had to prop both of them up in the corner so they wouldn't be dragging on the ground :(



This is a close-up of the Blue for You rose. It smells divine!

Comments

Popular Posts