A wonderful find


The Other Half and I decided to spend the weekend exploring our adopted home of Dublin. I have lived here for almost 10 years, he has been here 4 weeks and he knows more about the city than I do! I guess since I'm Irish that the capital city doesn't seem to interesting to me. Anyway, we strolled around the city center all day Saturday and all day Sunday (my feet are still sore!), taking in the sights. We found this amazing Asian market in Mary Street. I had walked past this place before, but hadn't paid it much heed. We went in and it was a veritable garden of delights! (Sorry if I sound like Ina Garten here! LOL). This place seems to have everything - curry pastes of all descriptions, exotic spices, vegetables that I had never even heard of, HUGE papayas, fruits juices (including Guava - yay!), pickles & preserves, giant bags of rice and other bizarre ingredients (raw palm sugar?). I thought I'd died and gone to heaven! We weren't really equipped for shopping on Sunday - we were laden down with cameras and other touristy stuff - but we shall be making a trip next weekend to stock up on exotic goodies. Did I mention that it's very inexpensive? I don't know how they can sell their wares so cheaply, considering that they have to import everything (or maybe we're just being screwed by the supermarkets over here?). I'm shopping here from now on!

Oh, and we made another great discovery - Kokoro Sushi on Liffey Street. Om nom nom is all I can say!

Comments

Popular Posts