Yankee Candy

My OH and I went in to town to do a little shopping today. We saw a flyer for a record sale in Temple Bar, but when we got there, we couldn't find it (we didn't have the good sense to bring the flyer with us, of course). We did find this place however


It's a sweet shop called the Candy Lab. We've walked past it on numerous occasions, but we try to stay out of temptations way and steer clear of sweet shops and the likes. We went in today to have a look and I was delighted with what I found - American candies and sweets I used to eat when I was small (Why aren't Dib Dabs in the shops anymore??). I found Reeses peanut butter cups, Jolly Ranchers, Hersheys (I have to admit - I hate Hersheys candy. It's the worst-tasting chocolate, in my opinion). Of course, I had to buy some!



I got some Kool-aid, Jolly Rancher jellies, Nerds, Pop Rocks and Twinkies. I haven't had Kool-aid, Twinkies or Pop Rocks for over 30 years. They're sitting on my table - I'm a little afraid to try them in case they don't taste as good as I remember!



Comments

Popular Posts